RE- MBAISE SET TO RECLAIM THE UNIVERSITY LAND: THE SUBTILTY OF MOTIVE
- Our attention have been drawn to an online release by the three local Governments in Mbaise namely; Aboh Mbaise, Ahiazu Mbaise and Ezinihitte Mbaise on their resolution to reclaim the University land along Okpala/ Aboh Mbaise road. Our initial disposition was to ignore the publication being another phantom concoction by some misguided elements for mischief purposes. However, to educate the present generation of indigenous people of Umuanum Ohekelem and Ogbor Uvuru communities, and for posterity, the two local Government areas and successive state administrators, it became necessary to to put the record straight on such misrepresentation of facts with its attendant deception and subtle maneuver to gain undeserved claims.
- It is instructive to note that the said farmland is hundred (100%) owned and belongs to Umuanum community in Ohekelem, Ngor Okpala LGA of Imo State, not only through heritage but also by the incontrovertible proofs of competent court judgement and survey plan. The fact was reaffirmed by the Achike Udenwa administration when the then government was made to go the whole hog and extracted from the archives vital and legally established 100% ownership of the farm land. Not done yet, it further traced the original boundary guided by the existing legal documentary survey plan in 1936. The then administration physically and practically squarely brushed the tracing demarcating lines of the boundaries with all the neighbouring communities.
- The area and the said University campus site are all in the Egbelu-Umuanum in which the Ogbor Community is a living witness because the Ogbor Community was physically represented throughout the process of demarcation by the Achike Udenwa administration. Records of the processes of arriving at this is domiciled with the appropriate state office for references. They include; Aboh Mbaise LGA, Ngor Okpala LGA, Ministry of lands and survey, Deputy Governors office. The state government is urged to take note, in order to avoid mysterious disappearance of those records.
- Despite the complaints by Umuanum community through her local government, Ngor Okpala, to the Rochas Okorocha Administration to use the name of the host community where the land situates ie, Umuanum Ohekelem as against the Aboh Mbaise/Ngor Okpala, which are merely names of two local governments with no specific address, no action was taken. We knew the likely implications of such moves and the propensity of Ogbor Uvuru people for mischief but our petitions were ignored. We know that this was orchestrated and masterminded, however, the latest development will right the wrongs in future developmental proposals.
- Apparently, the intent and objective of the online release is to rekindle and resuscitate the incidents which made the Achike Udenwa government to have painstakingly embarked on establishing the true ownership of the land.
- It is therefore unimaginable of the said resolution of the three local Governments in Mbaise to reclaim the University land known and called Egbelu Umuanum which never belonged to them and will never belong to Ogbor Uvuru in Aboh Mbaise LGA, because we, Umuanum community have the high court judgement of 1938 as well as the survey plan of the land in question.
- The authors of the online publication deliberately avoided mentioning the name of the bonafide owners of the land and host community of the university being Umuanum Ohekelem Ngor Okpala LGA. It also stated of soon expected compensation from Imo State Government without any recourse to the Umuanum community, which further portrays the ulterior motives of the writers. One then wonders how the state government would have embarked on compensation without first and foremost establishing the true ownership of the Land and beneficiary which has been ascertained through a joint fact finding mission to extract from the archives in Enugu, made up of the Survey General of Imo State ( represented by his deputy), the legal adviser of Aboh Mbaise and the legal adviser of Ngor Okpala.
8. The online release is indeed a manifestation of the inordinate ambition and subtility of misadventure. Believe it or not, our heavenly Lord God of light and truth has used the NUC and His Excellency Governor Hope Uzodimma to once more intervene in the plight of Umuanum Ohekelem, Ngor Okpala LGA of Imo State. However, greed and envy of some elements of Ogbor Uvuru Aboh Mbaise LGA on Egbelu Umuanum- Ohekelem, Ngor Okpala LGA of Imo State would always becloud the illuminating truth and get their consciousness severed , leading to subtle and crafty maneuver to laying claims to the farmland which they never had , be it by heritage or competent judicial process.
9. In light of the above, we humbly councel these elements and those goading them on to look before they leap.
Signed: Chief S. A Nnanna NwosuFor: Umuanum community.