The member representing Oru West State Constituency in Imo State House of Assembly,Hon. Barr. Dominic Ugochukwu Ezerioha has reeled out his laudable achievements within one year in the office.
Speaking to journalists yesterday in his office at the House of Assembly temporary Complex,Ikemba Ojukwu Centre,Owerri,Hon. Chief Ezerioha popularly called ‘Onunekwuru Oha1’ of Mgbidi told newsmen that he will never relent his decision towards effectively representing his people as well as lending strong voice that will better lives of Imo people in general.
Hon. Ezerioha is the House Committee Chairman on Information and Judiciary,Vice Chairman of House Committee on Oil and Gas,Petroleum Resources, ISOPADEC,NDDC and Member, House Committee on Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs.
However, the lawmaker’s admirers believe that the only convenient way to behold the spectacle of a hurricane in the court room session is when the Ubgele-Mgbidi-born legal icon cum politician speaks Law with recognized advocacy on behalf of his client.
Meanwhile, his legislative achievements within one year in office include;
1. Motion to urge the Imo State Governor to urgently intervene in resolving the immediate threatening gully erosion menace by Uguta Junction in Oru- West State Constituency
2nd July, 2019
2. Motion to urge the Imo State Governor to urgently call on the Commissioner of Police, Imo State, to quickly investigate and prosecute the perpetrators of the killing of Miss Lilian Ubawa, an NYSC (Corper) in Oru-East but corpse found in Oru-West for reckless killing.
11th July, 2019
3. Motion to urge the Imo State Government to provide Public Cover Stands at Major Road Junctions and Bus-Stops in Imo State. 16th July, 2019
4. Motion to investigate the unlawful conversion of about 600 hectars of lands belonging to the people of Mgbidi at Uruogwe Eluoru, Mgbidi in Oru-West Local Government Area by Chosen Crown University and Imo Chosen Crown University.
1st August, 2019
5. Motion to computerize and create a holistic functional website for Ministry of Lands in Imo State. 21st August, 2019
6. Motion to urge the State Governor. His Excellency, Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha, as a matter of urgency to dissolve the Caretaker/Mgt Committee on National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) in the State.
26th Nov. 2019
7. Motion to urge the Imo State Governor and the Imo State House of Assembly to critically ascertain the Original Shop owners and illegal Construction of shops at Eke Mgbidi Market in Oru-West L.G.A.
26th Nov. 2019
8. Motion to develop three Specialist Hospital (Cancer, Kidney and Heart) related disease from the Twenty Seven (27) uncompleted General Hospitals built by the former Governor Rochas Okorocha.
5th March, 2020
9. Motion to urge the Governor of Imo State, His Excellency, Dist Sen. Hope Uzodinma to integrate Oru-West L.G.A and other Oil Producing Areas into the ISOPADEC Programmes
11th March, 2020
10. Motion to set-up an Adhoc Committee to investigate the immediate and remote cause of collapse of an eight (8) Storey Hotel Building still under construction along Alh. Musa Yar’ Adua drive, new Owerri and to commend the Governor and his team for their rescue intervention.
6th May, 2020
11. Motion to commend the Governor of Imo State, His Excellency Most. Dist. Sen. Hope Uzodinma for bringing back to the News Paper stand, the famous statesman NewsPaper and to urge him to Re-Equip both the Print and Electronic Media of the State for more efficient performance, sustenance and wider coverage. 10th June, 2020
PENDING BILLS ON ARRIVAL BEFORE THE HOUSE
1. A Bill for a Law to Amend Owerri Capital Development Authority Edit, 1977.
2. A Bill for a Law to Amend Imo State Broadcasting Corporation Law, 1978.
3. A bill for a Law to Amend Imo State Oil Producing Area Development Commission (ISOPADEC) and other Incidentals thereto, 2010 Law No. 13
CO-SPONSOR OF BILLS AND MOTIONS
1. Hon. Ezerioha has Co- Sponsored about 7 Bills and about 39 Motions in the House
PALLIATIVE DURING COVID 19
1. Hon. Ezerioha gave out palliatives to Oru-West people such as about 111 bags of rice (50Kg) each, about 50 bags of Garri (100Kg) each, uncountable tubers of Yams, Indomie, Onion, Tomatoes, Oil, Physical cash to aged women and widows, Hand Sanitizers, Face Mask and sensitization to Oru-West people.
2. Hon. Ezerioha donated bags of Rice, Garri, Indomie and other items to all physically challenged persons in Oru-West and some physical cash
3. Hon. Ezerioha also visited different homes in Oru-West to donate some food items and physical cash during the COVID 19 periods.
Hon. Ezerioha have given out about 9 Jobs to Oru-West youths and about 4 youths are also in the pipeline for State Jobs under him before September, 2020.
Hon. Ezerioha under the period of one academic year have given out eight (8) admissions to Oru-West persons.
Before now and currently Hon. Ezerioha is presently sponsoring 12 University under graduates, 9 Polytechnic undergraduates and 6 College of Education undergraduates totally about 27 persons under his scholarship. Ezerioha has also sponsored about 18 graduates (13 from Oru West and 5 from Imo State).
ATTRACTED CONSTITUENCY PROJECTS UNDER 80% DOCUMENTATIONS/UNGOING FOR 2019/2020
1 NKWO EZIALI: 72 UNITS, ONE BOREHOLE AND GENERATOR SET (UNGOING & BOREHOLE ALREADY FIXED)
2 AFOR IBI (72 UNITS)
3 EKE EDISI, AMAOFUO (40 UNITS)
4 EKE AJI (40 UNITS) AND REVIVING THE BORE HOLE AT THE MARKET
5 ORIE OZARA YAM MARKET: 40 UNITS, BOREHOLE AND GENERATOR SET, (UNGOING & BOREHOLE ALREADY FIXED)
6 NKWO IHITE (40 UNITS)
1 AFOR UGBELE COMMUNITY (BOREHOLE AND GENERATOR SET).
2 IHITE ELLEH COMMUNITY (BOREHOLE AND GENERATOR SET). Finally, Hon Ezerioha is currently building a home for a widow in Oru West, He holds 197 Awards and Loves humanity.